The Accounting and Finance Manager is responsible for directing and managing all accounting and finance processes and procedures; also, this associate provides support for Company Holdings. The A&F Manager helps stakeholders, including the Managing Director and Department Managers, make better business decisions by providing financial information and advice. The A&F Manager provides a full-range of accounting services, which enable the business to function legally and efficiently. This role has a combined mandate, which includes but is not limited to: Supporting business growth; improving profitability; informing and educating associates about the company’s finances, as appropriate; and developing and enforcing internal controls.
1. Financial analyses, forecasts, scenarios and recommendations are prepared and presented to enrich business knowledge, enhance business planning and improve business performance. Report to Community Services Director.
2. Feedback and Communication Systems facilitate group problem solving and good decision making. Financial Analyses and Budget Variance Reports (corporate and department) are presented monthly. Education and consultation is provided to help associates understand accounting and finance issues and information. Advice and recommendations are provided regarding the financial and tax implications of business decisions. Appropriate staff or suppliers are alerted when significant problems are discovered.
3. Cost accounting work helps guide the company to profitability. Information provided to others in the company enhances the quality of business decisions.
4. Accounting Laws, Tax Laws and International Accounting Standards are understood and followed, so that the company is operating legally and appropriately. Changes to laws and standards are routinely monitored to ensure current processes and results are compliant.
5. Annual company budget package is prepared and delivered, according to the parent company’s specifications and due date. Associates are supported and guided in delivering budget inputs and in revising budget until approved. The annual company budget package includes both expense and capital budgets.
6. Cash request, cash flow, A/R, A/P, payroll, banking and asset management processes operate efficiently and effectively to ensure smooth business operations.
7. Company taxes and other filings, related to accounting and finance, are submitted to the government and/or other appropriate bodies, according to the law and maximizing advantage to the company.
8. Books are closed and financial statements are accurately prepared, according to guidelines and timelines provided by the parent company.
9. Year-end financial audits and tax audits are clean. Documentation required for audits is organized, maintained and provided to auditors as required.
- Holding ACCA Qualification or similar is desirable
- Accounting principles; International Accounting Standards (IASB); cost accounting; accounts receivable; accounts payable; payroll; monthly close; year-end close; year-end audit; Cambodian Tax Law/tax compliance; Cambodian Anti-Corruption Law; general Cambodian business law.
- Arithmetic, basic algebra and quantitative problem solving.
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook); Excel skills should be very strong; Quick Books. JDE desirable.
- High Level of English Language Skills (ISLPR Scales) Overall = 2+ (3 or higher is preferred)