* Review Contractor monthly Payment Claims, Variation Requests, EOT and delay claims as submitted under the Contract. Facilitate meetings with the Cost & Contract Department, Contractors and Consulting Quantity Surveyor to ensure all quantities and rates are in accordance with the Contract and make recommendation to the Construction Manager for approval of same. Work with the Consulting Quantity Surveyor to have all final documentation issued for internal approval processes.
* Assist the Project Manager to resolve Contract Payment Claim disputes with Contractors
* Assist the Project Manager to resolve Contract program disputes with Contractors.
* Coordinate the regular reporting by Consulting Quantity Surveyor on the status of Contracts each month for distribution to the Project Manager. Prepare and disseminate other information as required to Management regarding Contract status.
* Ensure that the Contractor is in compliance with all legal requirements, owner requirements and government regulations in regards to insurance; including all of Contract Works, Third Party Liability, Workers Compensation, and Plant, Material & Equipment insurances. Ensure that all insurances are kept current and up to date
* Assist the Construction Managers in other matters regarding the Contractor’s general compliance under the Contract
* Implement PMU Contract Administration policies and procedures. Review and recommend the requirement for and implementation of new procedures in order to improve the PMU policies and procedures. Provide direction to Contractors and the consulting Quantity Surveyors regarding the Company’s Contract Administration requirements policies and procedures.
* Maintain computer database and hardcopy file of all Works Contracts and associated documents in accordance with the requirements of the PMU Document Control policies and procedures. This includes maintaining copies of all original Contracts, all Claims, and all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications and payment schedules.
- University degree in Civil/Structural or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Ideally at least 4years prior work experience as a Quantity Surveyor for an international quantity surveying firm with at least 2 years Post Contract award experience
- High sense of professional ethics, responsible and reliable, team player
- Excellent communication, clear and concise, in both written and spoken English is preferred
- Good working knowledge of legal Contracts, FIDIC preferred
- Good working knowledge of the Law of Construction of Cambodia, Cambodia cost policies, and other relevant codes and regulations
- An understanding of purchasing and accounting processes