1. Manage all production teams and agents at Project Alba
○ maintain and improve the level of performance of agents by implementing
scalable standards of operations
○ supervise intermediary management levels and improve their performance by
support and coaching
○ supervise the implementation of new practices and techniques from
development team as these new aspects are developed.
2. Manage supporting teams to operations
○ This includes sorting team and delivery teams and local sales
○ goal is to maintain and improve their level of performance ( for example % of
waste in sorting ) by reviewing and improving processes
3. Manage the scaling of activities from 20 to 200 farmers in a 12 months timeframe
○ Supervise recruiter and integration of new agents
○ Supervise the integration of new farmers
○ Maintain and improve profitability of operations through cost reduction as the
number of farmers increases
Good rigor, analytical skills
○ Ability to work rigorously through checklist
○ Total ease at reviewing multiple data tables and take conclusions on what to
do based on data
Great management skills
○ Proven track record of team management, coaching of people
○ Strong ability to selforganize and to organize teams
○ Selfmotivated and able to motivate others.
Great work capacity in harsh conditions
○ able to go to fields
■ on average 2 days a week
■ up to one full week at a time
○ ability to handle multiple tasks among a week such as
■ solving specific farmer cases
■ having discussions with experiment team and experts on each ongoing issue and experimentation
○ Significantly above average ability to followup multiple issues
■ operations consist in a broad amount of tasks to be followup and the operations director will be out of the ordinary good at followuping the solving of numerous issues.
3 years of experience in developing countries
○ Cambodia is a specific environment. Developing countries are. Experience in the region is almost a must have, experience in developing countries is necessary to avoid important cultural shock upon arrival`
Good ease with IT systems
○ Project Alba uses google docs and spreadsheets extensively. All work is systematically online and thus great ease in using and working with IT is required.
Organization skills adapted to startup environment
○ Ability to create structure
■ the initial environment is little organized. Hence the operations director will need to be able to work in low organized structure while himself creating a lot of structure along the way for his team
○ Ability to adapt to founders’ inputs
■ A lot of freedom will be left for the operations director for the structures he / she wants to input
■ However, a lot has already been created and the structure will need to follow requirements precised by founders such as their scalability.
■ This requires an ability to work in teams and to be able to take and implement inputs from others.