To ensure that the various outlets operate successfully and are individually profitable in accordance with the standards of the Hotel. To be efficient and diplomatic in dealing with all situations involving any aspect of Food and Beverage where the reputation or image of the hotel is represented.
• To co-ordinate the organizational and administrative functions in all areas of the Food and Beverage Department. Ensures that all Food and Beverage forms and reports are forwarded on time to the relevant Corporate, Area and Hotel offices properly.
• To plan and implement programs, policies and procedures and Standards of Performance to ensure that The Hotel’s standards are met.
Budgeting and Cost Control
• Participates in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan, and Sales and Marketing Plans.
• Monitors closely the profitability of all Food and Beverage Outlets. Provides solutions to improve problem areas and assists in implementing corrective measures.
• Ensures that the Departmental Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
• To ensure that each Outlet is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre.
• To ensure that each Outlet is managed by a Management team who are totally accountable for their profitability.
• To set, in close conjunction with each Outlet Manager, annual operating budgets which will form part of the Business Plan
• To set and control with the General Manager, Controller and Director of Personnel and Training, any incentive scheme for Outlet Managers or other Food and Beverage Heads of Department.
• To represent the Food and Beverage Department on the Hotel's Executive Committee.
• To ensure that the various Outlets adhere to all Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and Minimum Standards of Performance.
• To establish standards of performance and jobs descriptions of all Food and Beverage staff.
• To ensure that all Food and Beverage outlet S.O.P.’s are prepared and updated.
• To co-ordinate special promotions and activities that generate additional revenue and popular interest.
• Interacts with management of other departments within areas of responsibility and develops solid working relationships with them.
• Conducts regular departmental meetings and daily briefings with Outlet Managers and other Food and Beverage Heads of Department.
• To monitor service and Food and Beverage standards in all Outlets ensuring that subordinate Heads of Department take corrective actions as necessary.
• Monitors the activities of competitor hotels.
• Makes recommendations to Management for modernization of equipment, service methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction.
Sales and Marketing
• Participates in Public Relations activities, Sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the Image and profitability of the Food and Beverage department and the hotel.
• Provides creative ideas to project and enhance the Image of the hotel.
• Develops ideas and increases departmental sales of Food and Beverage and improves productivity.
• To monitor and analyse the activities and trends of competitive restaurants and bars.
• To ensure that all Food and Beverage Heads of Department are fully aware of Market needs and trends ensuring that their product meets these requirements.
• Co-ordinates with Assistant Food and Beverage Managers, Stewarding Manager, Outlet Managers and Management to promote effective communication.
• To assist Assistant Food and Beverage Managers, Stewarding Manager, Outlet Managers and other Food and Beverage Heads of Department to fulfil their responsibilities.
• Assists in the building of an efficient team of employees, by taking an active interest in their training, development, safety and welfare.
• Ensures all Heads of Department also implement effective Training programs to develop their subordinate staff and maximize their productivity and efficiency.
• Participates in Training and Development Programs that may improve personal or departmental standards liaising closely with the Director of Personnel and Training.
• Acts as Duty Manager for the Hotel as scheduled.
• Respond to any changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
• To comply with all policies related to Food & Beverages
• To comply with all systems and procedures
• To maintain a high standard of grooming and appearance at all times (even in private time)
• To wear the resort’s uniform and name badge at all times
• To be familiar with emergency, safety and first aid procedure
• To behave at all times in a manner which projects a good company image and ensure safe hygienic working environment
• To follow grooming standards as per resort policy