Responsibilities for this position shall include, but not limited to, the following areas and activities at management discretion. Direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
• Maintain individual employee files and to carry out other human resources management procedures according to company and resort policy and procedures.
• Ensure that all personnel and training functions are carried out to meet local statutory requirements.
• Assist General Manager and Department Heads in providing a healthy working environment for employees.
• Provide a coaching, counseling and advisory service as well as providing a framework for handling grievances.
• Manage the discipline function and termination policy of the resort ensuring that all cases are handled in a fair and objective manner.
• Assist the General Manager with the Performance Evaluation procedures as per company policy, giving guidance on career development and succession planning.
• Observe confidential ethics of employees as well as of the company.
• Implement, communicate and maintain company and resort policies and procedures.
Training and Development
• Assist and support the Training manager as required, so that employees may be trained, educated and developed to meet the requirements of the resort and all legal obligations.
• Allocate time for personal and professional self development to enhance jobs competencies, by reading professional magazines, books and articles, attending seminars, courses, and keeping up to date with international human resources philosophies, trends and practices whilst at the same time, ensuring that all HR practices meet the requirements of local law.
• Keep up to date with new technology in the field of personnel administration and put forward recommendations to the General Manager.
• Train and develop employees within the Human Resources and related departments.
• Develop and maintain good communication and provide information and support as required, to colleagues in other Sunland Hotels and the corporate Human Resources Offices.
• To maintain good communication with Executives / Dept Heads and ensuring that there is a good flow of information with all employees through meetings, notice boards, suggestion box, newsletters, memos, e-mails, as well as providing contribution for company magazines and local media, as required by the General Manager.
• Manage the recruitment function by advertising as necessary, interviewing, checking references, making recommendation for selection, transfers and promotions from within, and maintaining an up to date data bank of possible future candidates.
• Plan and control manpower requirements with Department Heads / Executives, ensuring that they are according to the manning guide, within budget and appropriate for flexible business demands.
• Coordinate transfers, promotions, addressing any development needs as required.
• Together with the General Manager and the Financial Controller, prepare and manage any human resources related budgets, based on company guidelines.
• Be accountable for the total number of employees, trainees and casual staff employed by the resort.
• Keep expenses to a minimum and give advice on effective management of manpower plans in relation to the business plan.
• Ensure that remuneration and benefits are in line with those of local competitors and company policies.
• Carryout regular salary and benefit comparisons with competitors, and reporting findings, giving advice and making recommendations to the General Manager.
• Establish and maintain effective administration systems and procedures including Staff Turnover, Exit Interviews, Absenteeism, Accidents, Vacations, Birthdays, and Change in Family Status, Long Service, and other personal details.
• Prepare a Monthly Human Resources Report for the General Manager and as per company requirements.
Social and Welfare
• Provide assistance advice as necessary regarding employee transportation and living accommodation.
• Coordinate employee recognition and incentive programmes established by the resort.
• Coordinate social, sports and welfare programmes, eg: Staff Party, Sports, Special Staff Purchases, Charity Events, Hospital Visits, Medical and Wellness Programmes, etc.
• Ensure that hygiene, health and safety measures are in line with company and resort policy as well as legal requirements.
• Be familiar with resort fire and resort emergency procedures, taking responsibility for those duties required of a Human Resources Executive, for the safe keeping of personnel records and employees.
• Monitor staff appearance and hygiene, taking necessary measures as and when required.
• Check and control staff facilities Staff Accommodation, Toilets, Staff Canteen, and working conditions in general, maintaining standards as appropriate for a five star resort and according to company policy.
• Complies with all policies related to the Personnel Department
• Complies with all systems and procedures
• Maintain a high standard of Grooming and appearance at all times (even in private time)
• Maintain excellent ethics