Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in IT field.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in designing and implementing FT, HA solutions with VMWare or Hyper-V.
- VMware Certified Professional. A minimum of 5 years' expert level experience in VMware technologies including strong experience with vCenter.
- Expert experience with maintenance and administration of VMware virtualized systems.
- Demonstrates advance understanding of a Data Center IT Operations environment.
- Desirable skill includes experience with HP rack and blade servers and chassis, and Lenovo, IBM servers. Other OS and application experience helpful: Microsoft, Linux OS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral.
- Effective communication skills for relaying business and technical information to audiences with varying backgrounds including offshore teams and technical development teams
- Ability to effectively plan, facilitate, and participate in meetings with employees from all organizational levels
- Effective use of teamwork to contribute to a high-morale/high-performance team culture, leading by example
Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Any of
- VMware Data Center Certification.
- HP, Lenovo, IBM Physical server relevant certifications.
- SAN / NAS relevant certifications